Weekly Youth Activities
CFYouth Sunday Classes
Meet Starting September 9th at 10:45 am
Junior High/ High School Discipleship- Led by Pastor Shawn in the Gathering Place Youth Lounge
Kidz Zone for K-5th Grade--GP Kidz Zone Room-SarahComstock
Kidz Zone Junior for Infants-Pre-School in the CFF Nursery
Meets on Wednesdays for 7th – 12th Grade
- Monday Night Mayhem will be moving to Sunday Nights beginning Sunday, Nov. 4, 2018. We will still watch Sunday Night Football, play video games, have open gym and the snack bar will be open.8th - 12th Grade welcome.
- November 7 - Hayrack Ride with the VanRipers. The van will leave the church parking lot at 6:20 PM and return between 8:15 and 8:30 PM. You may also drop your 6th -12th grade student off at VanRiper's home (1273 Minnesota St) around 6:15 PM. Please pick them up by 8:15.
- November 21 - NO CFYouth Service
- November 25 - NO "Sunday Night Mayhem"
- December 19 - CFYouth Christmas Party
- December 23, 30, Jan.6 - No "Sunday Night Mayhem"
- December 26 & Jan. 2 - No CFYouth Service
- January 4-6, 2019 - WinterNational 2019 (See Ad below for details!)
Youth ministry is an exciting ministry of which to be a part. One of the main reasons is the fact that just about the time you get comfortable with the way things are going, a new generation of students comes up and everything has to change. In this age of social media and smart phones, the style of ministry to which I have been accustomed is no longer enticing students to join, so this year we are attempting to make adjustments to our ministry that will be inviting to students without compromising our message.
With that in mind, this year we will be splitting middle school from high school during the teaching and recreational portion of our Wednesday night meetings. The plan is to allow the middle schoolers some time to be themselves and learn and socialize at their own pace, while allowing the high schoolers the same. We plan to have a combined time of worship and connection at a couple of points during our meetings, but this change will attempt to address one of our biggest challenges in youth ministry, namely, the broad age range of those we desire to reach. The plan seems to work out on paper and makes sense in our collective noggins, but if it becomes impractical or doesn’t work in real time, we will adjust on the fly, so to speak.
I think our students will enjoy this new format and I look forward to its implementation. Along with this change, however, comes the need for more help in youth ministry. If you would like more information or would like to join this exciting ministry, please contact me.
All Volunteers –
We are in need of up to date background checks from all individuals who currently work with children or plan to in the upcoming year. Information will be sent via email and everything will be done online through ProtectMyMinistry.com with their secure servers. This will hopefully eliminate the need for paper copies of potentially sensitive information, and will further safeguard our children as well as our volunteers. Also included will be a link to a short training video that points out some of the risks, responsibilities and red flags to be aware of in working with children. If you are a current children’s worker or desire to be one, but have not received your email invitation and link by August 24th, please contact the church office, Pastor Shawn or Sarah Comstock so we can send it your way. Thank you.
Pastor Shawn Johnston